Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cubicle Conundrum - Day 79

Low Self-Esteem Guy: N! Q! I need your help. Quick!

N: What happened?



Low Self-Esteem Guy: My boss called me and halfway through the conversation the call got dropped. I don’t know if I should call back! If I keep trying him while he’s trying me, it’ll tick him off. If I don’t call when he’s expecting my call, it’ll tick him off. If I pause, then try, he might have paused and tried as well and as a result it’ll tick him off! If I don’t think of something soon I might have to destroy my phone!



N: Well I think you should wait for him to call back. What do you think, Q?

Q: No, I think the boss is expecting a call back.



N: But he called in the first place.

Q: Exactly why the call should be returned. It’s courtesy.

N: No it’s not. It’s only fair.

Q: It’s fair if he calls his boss.

N: His boss earns way more than he does.

Q: That’s not the point.



Low Self-Esteem Guy: Will SOMEBODY PLEASE tell me what I should do NOW?!



N: ….

Q: ….



N: Oh fine, call him back.

Q: Actually no, wait for him to call.



N: ….

Q: ….



N and Q together: Destroy the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment